BWCTL, OWAMP, and perfSONAR
BWCTL, OWAMP, and perfSONAR components are licensed under the Apache 2.0 license; you may not use this software except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
Copyright (c) 2003 University of Chicago. All rights reserved.
The Web100 Network Diagnostic Tool (NDT) is distributed subject to the following license conditions:
SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT
Software: Web100 Network Diagnostic Tool (NDT)
- The "Software", below, refers to the Web100 Network Diagnostic Tool (NDT) (in either source code, or binary form and accompanying documentation). Each licensee is addressed as "you" or "Licensee."
- The copyright holder shown above hereby grants Licensee a royalty-free nonexclusive license, subject to the limitations stated herein and U.S. Government license rights.
- You may modify and make a copy or copies of the Software for use within your organization, if you meet the following conditions:
- Copies in source code must include the copyright notice and this Software License Agreement.
- Copies in binary form must include the copyright notice and this Software License Agreement in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the copy.
- You may make a copy, or modify a copy or copies of the Software or any portion of it, thus forming a work based on the Software, and distribute copies outside your organization, if you meet all of the following conditions:
- Copies in source code must include the copyright notice and this Software License Agreement;
- Copies in binary form must include the copyright notice and this Software License Agreement in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the copy;
- Modified copies and works based on the Software must carry prominent notices stating that you changed specified portions of the Software.
- Portions of the Software resulted from work developed under a U.S. Government contract and are subject to the following license: the Government is granted for itself and others acting on its behalf a paid-up, nonexclusive, irrevocable worldwide license in this computer software to reproduce, prepare derivative works, and perform publicly and display publicly.
- WARRANTY DISCLAIMER. THE SOFTWARE IS SUPPLIED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER, THE UNITED STATES, THE UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY, AND THEIR EMPLOYEES: (1) DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, (2) DO NOT ASSUME ANY LEGAL LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS OF THE SOFTWARE, (3) DO NOT REPRESENT THAT USE OF THE SOFTWARE WOULD NOT INFRINGE PRIVATELY OWNED RIGHTS, (4) DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL FUNCTION UNINTERRUPTED, THAT IT IS ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT WILL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER, THE UNITED STATES, THE UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY, OR THEIR EMPLOYEES: BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF PROFITS OR LOSS OF DATA, FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER, WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY IS ASSERTED ON THE BASIS OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR STRICT LIABILITY), OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ANY OF SAID PARTIES HAS BEEN WARNED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGES.
The Software was developed at least in part by the University of Chicago, as Operator of Argonne National Laboratory.
The perfSONAR Toolkit is made up of many open source components including CentOS, Cassandra, and the Dojo toolkit. Check with the individual licence files for each of these products for more information.
The perfSONAR project would like to encourage community use of all materials for training and education. All training products are licensed under CC BY-SA 4.0 by the perfSONAR Project. You are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
The perfSONAR project cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you abide by the license terms:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the perfSONAR project endorses you or your use.
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original (CC BY-SA 4.0)
- No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
- You do not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation.
- No warranties are given. The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rights may limit how you use the material.