- Training Videos
- Use & Modification of Materials
- High-level perfSONAR Overview
- perfSONAR Training Materials
- Archived perfSONAR Training Materials
- Event Calendar
- Training Roadmap
The Department of Energy’s Energy Sciences Network (ESnet), and the Network Startup Resource Center (NSRC) at the University of Oregon have teamed up to create an extensive video training library to help organizations improve the performance of their networks by deploying the perfSONAR network measurement tools and the Science DMZ network architecture. The library can be found here:
Use & Modification of Materials
The perfSONAR project would like to encourage community use of all materials for training and education. All training products are licensed under CC BY-SA 4.0 by the perfSONAR Project. You are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
The perfSONAR project cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you abide by the license terms:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the perfSONAR project endorses you or your use.
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original (CC BY-SA 4.0)
- No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
- You do not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation.
- No warranties are given. The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rights may limit how you use the material.
High-level perfSONAR Overview
The following materials (available as PPT or PDF) can be used to explained perfSONAR at a high level. These materials were last updated on January 6th, 2016.
perfSONAR Training Materials
perfSONAR materials are continuously updated to reflect changes in the software and approaches to measurement. The following sections contain materials that can be used by members of the community for presentations and general education. Questions regarding the materials, their use, or changes, can be sent to email@example.com
Additional talks related to the tuning of TCP are also available:
Archived perfSONAR Training Materials
perfSONAR partners host many events throughout the year, and will post the materials used for these events in this location. These slides are normally modified to fit a specific audience or use case.
- FTW: perfSONAR Deployment Best Practices, Architecture, and Moving the Needle (January 2015)
- perfSONAR Deep Dive (January 2015)
- perfSONAR and Network Monitoring, GPN Webinar (March 13, 2015)
- Operating Innovative Networks (March 2015)
- Southern Partnership in Advanced Networking (April 2015) - Meeting Website
- Operating Innovative Networks (May 2015)
- perfSONAR Deep Dive (June 2015)
- TNC (June 2015)
- High Performance Networking & perfSONAR at Penn State University (July 2015)
- APAN 40 (August 2015)
- perfSONAR Deep Dive (September 2015)
- Operating Innovative Networks (September 2015)
- WACREN Network Monitoring and Measurement Workshop (September 2015)
- Operating Innovative Networks (October 2015)
- SPAN (November 2015)
- Operating Innovative Networks (December 2015)
A calendar of training events can be found here.
The roadmap for the training group can be found here.