The perfSONAR collaboration uses feedback from a number of sources to determine our roadmap for future releases.
These sources include the following:
- requests on the project issue tracker
- annual user surveys sent to everyone on the user list
- regular meetings with virtual organizations using perfSONAR such as the WLCG and OSG
- regular meetings of the NTAC performance working group
- discussions at various perfSONAR related workshops, such as OIN, FTW, and other similarly sponsored meetings.
- discussions with various funding sponsors
Based on feedback and requests from all of the above, every 6-12 month the perfSONAR governance group meets to recommend and prioritize features based on:
- impact to the community
- level of effort required to implement and support
- availability of someone with the right skill set for the task
During the requirements gathering activities we will solicit contributors to join an e-mail list that will be used to disseminate a candidate roadmap to the community for feedback. This roadmap will then be refined based on this feedback to meet the community’s needs.