Learning and Training resources
- perfSONAR Training & Reference Materials
- YouTube Channel
- Other Training Videos
- Project Publications
- Use & Modification of Materials
This section contains a wide variety of resources prepared by the perfSONAR Project to help the community members for educate and evangelize perfSONAR. By using the training materials you agree to the Use & Modification of Materials terms.
perfSONAR materials are continuously updated to reflect changes in the software and approaches to measurement. If you find any discrepancies or have questions regarding the materials, their use, or changes, send us message to email@example.com
perfSONAR Training and Reference Materials
The perfSONAR Project team maintains a shared drive that contains a wide variety of training materials prepared by the perfSONAR Project. It also contains the slide template that can be used to create additional perfSONAR content. This template features the perfSONAR branding and partner logos. View all the perfSONAR Project training materials here:
The perfSONAR Project team maintains YouTube channel to help promote and illustrate our services through video materials. The perfSONAR Project channel will post videos of recorded trainings, webinars, Project members' presentations, how-to produced by Project staff that feature some of our current work, and more. View the perfSONAR Project YouTube Channel:
Other Training Videos
The Department of Energy’s , and the at the University of Oregon have teamed up to create an extensive video training library to help organizations improve the performance of their networks by deploying the perfSONAR network measurement tools and the Science DMZ network architecture. The library can be found here:
Publications created as a part or result of our projects are presented here. The list below includes only publications listed in journals or conference proceedings.
- Shawn McKee, Marian Babik, Simone Campana, Tony Wildish, Joel Closier, Costin Grigoras, Ilija Vukotic, Michail Salichos, Kaushik De, Vincent Garonne, Jorge Alberto Diaz Cruz, Alessandra Forti, Christopher John Walker, Duncan Rand, Alessandro De Salvo, Enrico Mazzoni, Ian Gable, Frederique Chollet, Hsin Yen Chen, Ulf Bobson Severin Tigerstedt, Guenter Duckeck, Andreas Petzold, Fernando Lopez Munoz, Josep Flix, John Shade, Michael O'Connor, Volodymyr Kotlyar, Bruno Heinrich Hoeft, Jason Zurawski, “Integrating network and transfer metrics to optimize transfer efficiency and experiment workflows”, 21st International Conference on Computing in High Energy and Nuclear Physics (CHEP2015), Okinawa Japan, April 13, 2015, In Journal of Physics: Conference Series. Vol. 664. No. 5. IOP Publishing, 2015.
- Campana S., Bonacorsi D., Brown A., Capone E., De Girolamo D., Fernandez Casani A., Flix Molina J., Forti A., Gable I., Gutsche O., Hesnaux A., Liu L., Lopez Munoz L., Magini N., McKee S., Mohammad K., Rand D., Reale M., Roiser S., Zielinski M., and Zurawski J. “Deployment of a WLCG network monitoring infrastructure based on the perfSONAR-PS technology”, 20th International Conference on Computing in High Energy and Nuclear Physics (CHEP 2013), October 2013, In Journal of Physics: Conference Series. Vol. 513. No. 6. IOP Publishing, 2014.
- McKee S., Lake A., Laurens P., Severini H., Wlodek T., Wolff S., and Zurawski J., “Monitoring the US ATLAS Network Infrastructure with perfSONAR-PS”, 19th International Conference on Computing in High Energy and Nuclear Physics (CHEP 2012), New York, NY, USA, March 2012, In Journal of Physics Conference Series, p. 396, December 2012.
- Marcu, P., Schmitz, D., Hanemann, A., Trocha, S., "Monitoring and Visualization of the Large Hadron Collider Optical Private Network", In Proceedings of the 9–th RoEduNet International Conference, IEEE Computer Society, Sibiu (Hermannstadt), Romania, June, 2010.
- Swany M. Portnoi M., Zurawski J., “Information services algorithm to heuristically summarize IP addresses for distributed, hierarchical directory”, 11th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Grid Computing (Grid2010), 2010, In In: 2010 11th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Grid Computing. IEEE, 2010. p. 129-136.
- Binczewski A., Lawenda M., Łapacz R., Trocha Sz., "Application of perfSONAR architecture in support of GRID monitoring", In Proceedings of INGRID 2007 , ISBN 978-0-387-09662-9, pp. 447-454, Springer US, 2009.
- Hanemann, A., Marta, L., Michael, M., "Quality Assurance in the perfSONAR Project: Release, Incident and Problem Management", In Software Quality Professional Journal, Vol. 10, No. 4, September 2008, pp. 39-50, American Society for Quality.
- Sampaio, L., Koga, I., Costa, R., Monteiro, H., Vetter, F., Fernandes, G., Vetter, M., Monteiro, J., "Implementing and Deploying Network Monitoring Service Oriented Architectures: Brazilian National Education and Research Network Measurement Experiments", In Proceedings of the 5th Latin American Network Operations and Management Symposium, Brazil, September 2007.
- Boote, J., Hanemann, A., Kudarimoti, L., Louridas, P., Marta, L., Michael, M., Simar, N., Tsompanidis, I., "Quality Assurance in perfSONAR Release Management", In Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Quality of Information and Communications Technology, Lisbon, September 2007.
- Hamm, M., Schauerhammer, K., Ullmann, K., Yampolskiy, M., "Management of Multi-Domain End-to-End Links", In Moving from Bits to Business Value: Proceedings of the 2007 Integrated Management Symposium, 2007, IFIP/IEEE, München, Germany, May, 2007.
- Zurawski, J., Boote, J., Boyd, E., Glowiak, M., Hanemann, A., Swany, D. M., Trocha, S., In Moving from Bits to Business Value: Proceedings of the 2007 Integrated Management Symposium, 2007, IFIP/IEEE, München, Germany, May, 2007.
- Jeliazkova, N., Iliev, L., Jeliazkov, V., "PerfsonarUI - a Standalone Graphical User Interface for Querying perfSONAR Services", jva, pp. 77-81, In Proceedings of the IEEE John Vincent Atanasoff 2006 International Symposium on Modern Computing (JVA'06), 2006.
- Hanemann, A., Jeliazkov, V., Kvittem, O., Marta, L., Metzger, J., Velimirovic, I., “Complementary Visualization of perfSONAR Network Performance Measurements”, In Proceedings of the International Conference on Internet Surveillance and Protection (ICISP), IARIA/IEEE, Cap Esterel, France, IARIA/IEEE, August, 2006 (best paper award).
- Zurawski, J., Swany M., and Gunter D., “A Scalable Framework for Representation and Exchange of Network Measurements”, 2nd International IEEE/Create-Net Conference on Testbeds and Research Infrastructures for the Development of Networks and Communities (TridentCom 2006), Barcelona, Spain, 2006, In 2nd International Conference on Testbeds and Research Infrastructures for the Development of Networks and Communities, 2006. TRIDENTCOM 2006, pp. 9-pp.
- Hanemann, A., Boote, J. W., Boyd, E. L., Durand, J., Kudarimoti, L., Lapacz, R., Swany, D. M., Zurawski, J., Trocha, S., "PerfSONAR: A Service Oriented Architecture for Multi–Domain Network Monitoring", In Proceedings of the Third International Conference on Service Oriented Computing, Springer Verlag LNCS 3826, pp. 241–254, ACM Sigsoft and Sigweb, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, December, 2005.
- Boote, J. W., Boyd, E. L., Durand, J., Hanemann, A., Kudarimoti, L., Lapacz, R., Simar, N., Trocha, S., "Towards Multi–Domain Monitoring for the European Research Networks", In Selected Papers from the TERENA Networking Conference, TERENA, ISBN 90-77559-04-3, 2005; also published in Computational Methods in Science and Technology, ISSN 1505-0602, vol. 11(2), pp. 91-100, Poznań, Poland, 2005.
Use & Modification of Materials
The perfSONAR project would like to encourage community use of all materials for training and education. All training products are licensed under CC BY-SA 4.0 by the perfSONAR Project. You are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
The perfSONAR project cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you abide by the license terms:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the perfSONAR project endorses you or your use.
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original (CC BY-SA 4.0)
- No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
- You do not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation.
- No warranties are given. The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rights may limit how you use the material.