Training resource library (April 2016)
- perfSONAR Template
- Introduction and Motivation
- Network Theory
- Hardware Selection
- Low-Cost perfSONAR
- Installation and Basic Configuration
- Deployment and Regular Testing
- Measurement Tools
- Debugging Strategies
- Use Cases
- Security and Operations
Use & Modification of Materials
The perfSONAR project would like to encourage community use of all materials for training and education. All training products are licensed under CC BY-SA 4.0 by the perfSONAR Project. You are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
The perfSONAR project cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you abide by the license terms:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the perfSONAR project endorses you or your use.
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original (CC BY-SA 4.0)
- No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
- You do not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation.
- No warranties are given. The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rights may limit how you use the material.
perfSONAR Training Materials
The following are additional generic materials that can be used by community members for educate and evangelize perfSONAR.
This slide template can be used to create additional perfSONAR content. It features the perfSONAR branding and partner logos.
Introduction and Motivation
This set of materials gives a similar overview of why perfSONAR is necessary, and how it can be deployed on a network This presentation is more suited for those with technical knowledge.
These materials discuss the theory of network performance (useful before talking about hardware):
These materials outline the process for selecting hardware, and the impacts of using virtualization.
Low Cost Hardware
These materials outline the Low-Cost perfSONAR effort:
Installation and Basic Configuration
These materials walk through the basic setup of a perfSONAR Toolkit instance. This presentation is more suited for those with technical knowledge.
Deployment and Regular Testing
This set of materials can be used to setup a more coordinated testing approach, using a dashboard. This presentation is more suited for those with technical knowledge.
Learning to use the tools that perfSONAR makes available is important, this presentation goes over the nuances of each of the major tools and helps build knowledge about their practical use cases. This presentation is more suited for those with technical knowledge.
This example walks through a complicated set of debugging problems, and how perfSONAR can be helpful. This presentation is more suited for those with technical knowledge.
This is a set of examples of how perfSONAR has found problems on many types of networks. This presentation is more suited for those with technical knowledge.
Security & Node Maintenance
This brief presentation outlines some essential security practices and basic operation for perfSONAR. This presentation is more suited for those with technical knowledge.